Forum
Register
Log in
Latest comments
Syndication
RSS feed
Feedback

Forum comments in chronological order

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what people (other than myself) write in the forums. Please report any abuse, such as insults, slander, spam and illegal material, and I will take appropriate actions. Don't feed the trolls.

Jag tar inget ansvar för det som skrivs i forumet, förutom mina egna inlägg. Vänligen rapportera alla inlägg som bryter mot reglerna, så ska jag se vad jag kan göra. Som regelbrott räknas till exempel förolämpningar, förtal, spam och olagligt material. Mata inte trålarna.

Sep 2020

The chimney claw project

Anonymous
Thu 3-Sep-2020 03:08
Makes me think of Oceans 11, and prompts the question "are you in or are you out, right now !"

8^)

The lampslide

Anonymous
Thu 3-Sep-2020 03:19
This is just what divorced people need, if you combine this with your claw project.

You could sit in front of the television and get snacks from the kitchen without the need to get married.

Of course nature uses parents to do this until we are old enough to use mechatronics.

Very clever !

A case against syntax highlighting

Anonymous
Mon 7-Sep-2020 00:02
in my opinion, the most important for a feature is not to be objectively « good » or « bad » but to make you comfortable !
And syntax highlighting makes me comfortable so i use it ! I tried as you suggested to use a 2 colors syntax highlighting, but I don’t feel comfortable :(
The other thing is that you mostly consider the thing in C, that is one language. I find syntax highlighting particularly handy with Laney languages like python, lua, etc. But I won’t use it that much for C, APL, J or BASIC ! That comes from the Main ideas of each language : c is really low level so you don’t have that much improvement with syntax highlighting while python has a lot of different features and you sometimes need to differentiate them. For example, I feel comfortable to have a color for python keywords because it helps to differentiate them from a variable...

My point of view is that everything depends of what you first learnt and what you use the most : I’m quite sure that somebody that learned to read English with colors like you suggested would prefer to read with colors than without...

The TTY demystified

Anonymous
Mon 7-Sep-2020 18:33
I didn't get exactly how pty came into picture and what is the usage of that.
Looking forward to get more info on that.

Brainfuck

Anonymous
Wed 9-Sep-2020 08:40
++++++++++ [> +> +++> +++++++> +++++++++ <<<< -] >>> +++++ +++++++++ .------------. +++++.> ++++++++++++++++++++ +++. << +++++++++++++++++. >> -------------------.--- ------. ++++++++++++++. ++++++++++++. <++++++++++++++ ++++. +++++++++. <+++. +.> ----.> ++++.

The hardware chiptune project

Anonymous
Mon 14-Sep-2020 09:08
This project is amazing. Thanks for the write up and especially the tune! I'd love to remix it :)

A 9-bit pitch technique

2bt
Sun 20-Sep-2020 11:15
This article was very informative and helpful. Thank you very much!

A Mind Is Born

TomSon
Thomas
Wed 23-Sep-2020 22:10
I have got to say: I love a 'mind is born' ! A thing of beauty.
For years now I use your demo to show off the C64 and retro interests per se:
esp. to optimize things to get the maximum out of a given platform.
Your demo takes this to an artistic level I think everyone gets.

Thanks for your creation !

Pushing Onwards: Return of the Chipophone

Anonymous
Fri 25-Sep-2020 00:26
So glad that you are back! Would you be interested in sharing the software so to help others create chiptune instruments using the Raspberry Pi?

The TTY demystified

Anonymous
Wed 30-Sep-2020 06:55
Really informative! good article!