Forum
Register
Log in
Latest comments
Syndication
RSS feed
Feedback

Forum comments in chronological order

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what people (other than myself) write in the forums. Please report any abuse, such as insults, slander, spam and illegal material, and I will take appropriate actions. Don't feed the trolls.

Jag tar inget ansvar för det som skrivs i forumet, förutom mina egna inlägg. Vänligen rapportera alla inlägg som bryter mot reglerna, så ska jag se vad jag kan göra. Som regelbrott räknas till exempel förolämpningar, förtal, spam och olagligt material. Mata inte trålarna.

Oct 2012

The TTY demystified

Anonymous
Fri 5-Oct-2012 17:38
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ to long, jesus christ write up a summery for us lazy people

too many Zs. write a shorter insult with proper spelling for us non-moron people

The bitbuf

Anonymous
Wed 10-Oct-2012 14:22
Very nice!! This should be possible to fit on a pretty small pcb, iluminated switches would make it even more compact. And the parts are pretty cheap too! I'd vote for a kit ;)
Anonymous
Wed 10-Oct-2012 14:24
...and as mentioned: midi clock sync would be nice. I guess clock output would be easier then slaving it.

Mega Man 3 Intro

Anonymous
Sun 14-Oct-2012 07:49
Amazing!

A case against syntax highlighting

Anonymous
Wed 17-Oct-2012 12:48
If only more coders would care more about their code. Sometimes simplifying your environment is all you need. Just to quote Brian Kernighan "The most effective debugging tool is still careful thought, coupled with judiciously placed print statements."

People would be just as annoyed if this was a post about debuggers versus print statements.

I've come across your article because I was pondering on the same ideas and I just did a google search. Nice article.

The Chipophone

Anonymous
Fri 19-Oct-2012 00:29
Ill give you 1000$ for it

The hardware chiptune project

mahldcat
AMS
Fri 19-Oct-2012 00:39
So I built one of these, and have the following programmer that I got working with AVRDude: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9825.

Now the million dollar question...it looks like the Atemga controller I used (http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=ATMEGA88PA-PUvirtualkey55650000virtualkey556-ATMEGA88PA-PU) is not supported directly by AVRDude? Any ideas on what might be required to get this working?

A case against syntax highlighting

Anonymous
Sat 20-Oct-2012 22:37
being a dyslexic syntax highlighting is one of the best tings that have happened to me, if anything i need way more

The bitbuf

Anonymous
Fri 26-Oct-2012 13:15
I also think a Kickstarter would get a lot of support if you have the time and wish to manufacture MIDI compatible finished products.

Jag skulle köpa en i alla fall!

Sidreloc

Anonymous
Fri 26-Oct-2012 23:03
Sometimes I wonder what is your timezone. I mean, how it is possible to combine all the daily duties and so much work on such "trivial" things (no offence here). Well, anyhow, it's brilliant.

Fratres

Anonymous
Tue 30-Oct-2012 10:35
Does anyone happen to know the origin of the piece, and/or why it has the name Fratres? I've never come across this in my readings about Part and I am very curious, it being one of my favorite pieces to listen to (and play).
Best to all,
karl@freefriends.org

Fratres means brethren (or brothers). Hence when priests or ministers get together it is called a Fraternity (now that we have women priests it should be a Maternity!)
The pulses on the claves/percussion is a Renaiassance call to attention/prayer that the monks (or brothers) would have played using wooden semantra - which prefigured the use of bells in the Eastern Church)

No, sorry, it would be sorority - not maternity!

The Chipophone

Anonymous
Wed 31-Oct-2012 02:47
Bravoooo! This machine is the most awesome thing I have seen! I am a developer myself and I have programmed some Microchips in the past, I think it would be awesome if you could open-source the code, on github (www.github.com) or a similar CVS, this way we can easily add additions / share new sounds or whatever. also, this would defenitely make people go wild if it were to be posted on (news.ycombinator.com), a mutch visited website in the hackers community. Man, this thing is so nice, please let us make it even nicer!