Forum
Register
Log in
Latest comments
Syndication
RSS feed
Feedback

Forum comments in chronological order

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what people (other than myself) write in the forums. Please report any abuse, such as insults, slander, spam and illegal material, and I will take appropriate actions. Don't feed the trolls.

Jag tar inget ansvar för det som skrivs i forumet, förutom mina egna inlägg. Vänligen rapportera alla inlägg som bryter mot reglerna, så ska jag se vad jag kan göra. Som regelbrott räknas till exempel förolämpningar, förtal, spam och olagligt material. Mata inte trålarna.

Nov 2023

A Mind Is Born

Anonymous
Tue 7-Nov-2023 05:29
Can you show the first few lines of code? (I converted all the bytes to decimal, but am not understanding how and where to load this thing to RAM)

rendroc wrote:

I converted the a_mind_is_born.prg to DATA statements, then used POKE to write them to a separate part of ROM ($0801->$9F01, since $0801 would be where my magazine-listed BASIC program would start from).

Then the only thing I had to change was the SYS command to execute it, and the address that Linus's initialization routine copies from ($0802->$9F02)

The Chipophone

Anonymous
Wed 8-Nov-2023 01:04
hello

Three PETSCII pieces

Anonymous
Tue 14-Nov-2023 18:06
how did you learn petscii

Vivaldi Summer Presto

paulsmith
Paul Smith
Fri 17-Nov-2023 16:26
I thought the two-handed key tapping you are doing at points like at ~0:50 resembles Eddie van Halen's finger-tapping technique on the guitar, which feels very appropriate for this piece. Very cool!

A case against syntax highlighting

Anonymous
Sat 18-Nov-2023 13:09
i code in python in vscode. this is ridiculous. i've tried no highlighting. and highlighting is a straight plus.
Anonymous
Tue 21-Nov-2023 20:01
I absolutely agree with the initial statement and it is always the first thing that I disable in a new IDE/editor. I only make an exception for comments. They should be highlighted in something different than the rest of the code.
Anonymous
Sat 25-Nov-2023 23:48
funny - after 40 years of programming, i came to quite similar conclusions and always configure my syntax highlighters to show the regular content i type with very little or without any color at all. i'm perfectly able to recognize what's a string literal and what's a function call without someone shining RGB lights in my eyes.

there are two things i'd like to add, though:

a) most default settings lower the visibility of comments, and this is just wrong: comments are way more important than the code itself, because they explain why something is done the way it is, and things the language is too weak to express. therefore, i always configure comments to be quite prominent.

b) i do find it useful to make keywords of a language stand out a little, because it makes it much easier the glean the structure of some module when skimming over it, especially if it's written by someone else.

Brainfuck

Anonymous
Sun 26-Nov-2023 04:44
++++ ++++ [-> ++++ ++++ ++ <] >++ .< ++++ + [-> --- <] >--.+++.

-DLB
Anonymous
Sun 26-Nov-2023 15:48
get a Life ;)

About me

Anonymous
Mon 27-Nov-2023 23:26
Bösendorfer built the first Model 290 in the year 1900 and it was not long before musicians, conductors, and critics affixed the great piano with an
epithet that has endured: "Imperial" derived from the latin Imperare - to order or to command. The Imperial's commanding tonal presence spanning
a full eight octaves, its expressiveness and superb playability set the standard by which other concert grand pianos are judged.
You are listening to Rachmaninov's "Prelude No. 2 in C Sharp Minor" Op. 3, recorded on this piano by pianist Sidney Yin.