Forum
Register
Log in
Latest comments
Syndication
RSS feed
Feedback

Forum comments in chronological order

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what people (other than myself) write in the forums. Please report any abuse, such as insults, slander, spam and illegal material, and I will take appropriate actions. Don't feed the trolls.

Jag tar inget ansvar för det som skrivs i forumet, förutom mina egna inlägg. Vänligen rapportera alla inlägg som bryter mot reglerna, så ska jag se vad jag kan göra. Som regelbrott räknas till exempel förolämpningar, förtal, spam och olagligt material. Mata inte trålarna.

Nov 2009

The TTY demystified

Anonymous
Tue 3-Nov-2009 17:53
Thanks for such a wonderful article. I am a beginner in tty and your article was of great help!!
Anonymous
Thu 5-Nov-2009 19:54
nice article..thanx for sharing ur knowledge :)

A case against syntax highlighting

Anonymous
Sat 14-Nov-2009 16:41
Although I'm not sure if highlighting keywords/constants actually improves your efficiency of coding/debugging, I'm sure that syntax highlighting does help searching. For a significant amount of time during coding, our eyes are searching stuff. Where's that class/method/function/variable? By highlighting them, we can quickly locate the things we're looking for, which reduces a lot of frustration. You don't necessarily have to use colors for highlighting (though it's the easiest to implement). You could use bigger fonts, for example. This is what people (including you) are actually doing when they put headlines into an article. It just makes easy to navigate within the document. Of course, you can use a search function in your editor, but searching strings can be quite disorientating because you have to jump around the code and you'll certainly lost the sense of contexts. But it was an interesting article anyway. Thanks.

Yusuke Shinyama

The lampslide

Anonymous
Sun 15-Nov-2009 23:14
Better cable management is what you need for a room in which you have aimed for high style. The cheap ugly projector "shelf" with exposed wires is pretty awful to look at. Also, a better way to hide your lamps power chord would be; to have a white chord, and maybe keep it tight so it does not hang down. Put a weight on the end so, as you push the lamp over, the chord stays tight and disappears with it, and when you pull it, the chord comes with it and stays tight. Experiment with different weighs and ways to keep friction do it doesn't pull the lamp back towards the wall.

I am not an interior designer, but I like the room, just seems kind of amateur the way you constructed those pieces of which I highlighted.

Just my.02, take it for what it's worth.

Fratres

Anonymous
Thu 19-Nov-2009 00:42
Fratres,is it based in Passacaglia form?

Power Ninja Action Challenge

Anonymous
Wed 25-Nov-2009 10:16
i'm confused so do you actually compose your own chiptunes from scratch or just the hardware? i'm no techy but the music is great.

-paul
ppmeyer@gmail.com

Craft

Anonymous
Thu 26-Nov-2009 14:21
Should be even easier with the XMEGA which has multiple SPI channels + DMA.

Fratres

lft
Linus Åkesson
Thu 26-Nov-2009 15:53
Fratres, is it based in Passacaglia form?

No, because a passacaglia has a repeating sequence of notes in some voice (usually the bass), to which the other voices add variation. Fratres has a strictly repetitive high-level form, but the actual note sequences change from one cycle to the next, so it doesn't fit the definition of a passacaglia.

Power Ninja Action Challenge

lft
Linus Åkesson
Thu 26-Nov-2009 15:55
i'm confused so do you actually compose your own chiptunes from scratch or just the hardware? i'm no techy but the music is great.

Thanks! Yes, I compose the music as well.

Craft

lft
Linus Åkesson
Thu 26-Nov-2009 15:56
Should be even easier with the XMEGA which has multiple SPI channels + DMA.

True, but "easier" was not my intention. =)

Getting string input (TI-83 assembly programming)

lft
Linus Åkesson
Thu 26-Nov-2009 16:04
INPUT AND OUTPUT STRING ASSEMBLY FOR NASM 32 BIT FOR LINUX ?

HOW TO?

man 3 fgets

(or use read(2) if you don't want to link with libc)