Forum
Register
Log in
Latest comments
Syndication
RSS feed
Feedback

Forum comments in chronological order

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what people (other than myself) write in the forums. Please report any abuse, such as insults, slander, spam and illegal material, and I will take appropriate actions. Don't feed the trolls.

Jag tar inget ansvar för det som skrivs i forumet, förutom mina egna inlägg. Vänligen rapportera alla inlägg som bryter mot reglerna, så ska jag se vad jag kan göra. Som regelbrott räknas till exempel förolämpningar, förtal, spam och olagligt material. Mata inte trålarna.

Mar 2017

Massively Interleaved Sprite Crunch

Anonymous
Tue 7-Mar-2017 02:03
Hello, great explanation and fantastic demo!

If your crunched sprite starts at offset 0x35 what do you do to get there to begin with? Do you start at 0 with the FG color set to black or in the top border and do some dummy crunch to traverse the graph to the right starting point?

On another topic, it seems the demo can behave a bit weird with multiple disk drives present on the serial bus (tried with a real 1541 as drive 8 and an Ultimate-II as drive 9)... could it be that you implement some custom serial protocol which the other drive might respond to or something?

Brainfuck

Anonymous
Fri 10-Mar-2017 04:23
[-]>[-]>[-]++++[<+++++>-]<+++[<+++++>-]<. >++[<----->-]<-. ---.

The TTY demystified

Anonymous
Mon 13-Mar-2017 07:49
This was extremely helpful, thanks!

Spindle v2

Anonymous
Mon 13-Mar-2017 18:03
Hey, this is excellent stuff!
May I request a C16/Plus4 port, please! :)

(Bubis/RSC: dotsch@gmail.com)

The TTY demystified

Anonymous
Wed 15-Mar-2017 12:28
> In The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams mentions an extremely dull planet, inhabited by a bunch of depressed humans and a certain breed of animals with sharp teeth which communicate with the humans by biting them very hard in the thighs. This is strikingly similar to UNIX, in which the kernel communicates with processes by sending paralyzing or deadly signals to them. Processes may intercept some of the signals, and try to adapt to the situation, but most of them don't.

This is the only thing I could find about it, do you have any reference for that?

The Chipophone

Anonymous
Tue 21-Mar-2017 20:50
I am delighted!

Lunatico

Anonymous
Fri 24-Mar-2017 22:19
Hi,
Congratulations, it's a great demo!
I have noticed that the 6581 "old SID" detection code works about 50% of the runs, I've tried it on two different "breadbins" (two different board revisions) and on a very early SX-64. I'm curious about how you try detecting the SID type.
Running the demo from the "note & vsp tool" almost always worked on all the 2 breadbins (failed only once actually) and on the SX-64 but it never worked on my only C64C (this one with 8580 SID), it just hang the C64C solidly. Loading the demo directly however worked fine and the demo ran until the end. I've always used the same 1541 (but of course on the SX-64) and the same floppy disk.
None of these machines ever showed any VSP memory crash on any channel (using your tool).