Forum
Register
Log in
Latest comments
Syndication
RSS feed
Feedback

Forum comments in chronological order

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what people (other than myself) write in the forums. Please report any abuse, such as insults, slander, spam and illegal material, and I will take appropriate actions. Don't feed the trolls.

Jag tar inget ansvar för det som skrivs i forumet, förutom mina egna inlägg. Vänligen rapportera alla inlägg som bryter mot reglerna, så ska jag se vad jag kan göra. Som regelbrott räknas till exempel förolämpningar, förtal, spam och olagligt material. Mata inte trålarna.

Sep 2021

Dial-a-SID

pik33
Thu 9-Sep-2021 20:10
Hi

Lets say I would like to reproduce this without modifying my phone. Would it be possible to make an external box with the extra two buttons to implement the same functionality?

/P

Of course it is possible, but you have to add a circuit to simulate a telephone line with its signals and voltages.
pik33
Thu 9-Sep-2021 20:16

ralph wrote:

Hi Linus, I don't think the microphone is being used? Speech recognition sounds a bit boring. One could whistle commands down it as a nod to phreaking. Or how about whistling a melody to select a matching chiptune. :-)

I thought the video could have described the Pi's connections to the phone a bit more.

A Raspberry Pi doesn't have any ADC to connect the microphone. You have to add an ADC... or use a Parallax Propeller 2 microcontroller instead: it has (a lot of... =64) excellent DACs and good ADCs and there are SID and 6502 emulators for it.

A case against syntax highlighting

Anonymous
Sat 11-Sep-2021 21:28
If you are color-challenged (as the choice of theme suggests) then syntax coloring won't be of much help, maybe even a hindrance.

Try asking around for a more appealing theme.

Or just stick with white on black if that works best for you.

About me

Anonymous
Thu 23-Sep-2021 06:56
Hello, Linus. I recently watched your talk 'Poetry for Bugs' and I found it electrifying and quite moving. My sincerest thanks for crafting it and making it available online.

Post Scriptum: The Impossible Bottle

Anonymous
Thu 23-Sep-2021 08:48
i love reading your analyses, even if i fail to comprehend each and every point ;) you have an excellent style of prose: concise and precise, yet rich. keep on keeping on, best regards from chuinho/multistyle labs