Forum
Register
Log in
Latest comments
Syndication
RSS feed
Feedback

Forum comments in chronological order

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what people (other than myself) write in the forums. Please report any abuse, such as insults, slander, spam and illegal material, and I will take appropriate actions. Don't feed the trolls.

Jag tar inget ansvar för det som skrivs i forumet, förutom mina egna inlägg. Vänligen rapportera alla inlägg som bryter mot reglerna, så ska jag se vad jag kan göra. Som regelbrott räknas till exempel förolämpningar, förtal, spam och olagligt material. Mata inte trålarna.

Jun 2013

(fortune cookie)

Anonymous
Wed 5-Jun-2013 03:37
It's fun that doesn't get in the way of work. In this metaphor, chocolate coating on your dessert. For the record, I disagree with the author on the uselesnes of syntax highlighting and would like to see an actual study on the topic.

Phasor

Anonymous
Fri 7-Jun-2013 11:58
Take my money...

Craft

Anonymous
Sat 8-Jun-2013 03:44
Ironic how a famous musician did something nearly identical to this years ago.

Also something even more intriguing is that his name was displayed on the screen as well!

I'm glad that acid head is still getting his "wobbly legs" and licking windows.

Hail the Analord!
Anonymous
Sat 8-Jun-2013 03:45
Ironic how a famous musician did something nearly identical to this years ago.

Also something even more intriguing is that his name was displayed on the screen as well!

I'm glad that acid head is still getting his "wobbly legs" and licking windows.

Hail the Analord!

Kernighan's lever

Anonymous
Sat 8-Jun-2013 04:27
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Einstein

Beagleboard VGA output

Anonymous
Mon 10-Jun-2013 18:45
Master Linus, I'm trying this (for HDMI out from Android phone to vga monitor):

https://sites.google.com/site/scidiy/pc-diy/hdmi-to-vga

As none can see anything in the section "How to wire it up:", can anyone show us? (that site has no way to contact (or know who is) the owner...)

I'm wondering here, can someone draw the schematics using that thinking, with the suggested improvements:

a) The original project uses software to generate the H/Vsync signals and thereby it uses up 2 valuable GPIO's. So we need to generate these signals with a couple cheap and simple oscillators (NE556). The maker chose to generate them with software but maybe it is more convenient to do that electronically with a NE556 dual timer IC.

1) added the DDC lines, 5V and 1,8V lines including voltage converters for the DDC lines on mine based on the sparkfun i2c level converter.

2) For the R2R ladder would maybe save some money if instead of using resistors of double the resistance, just put two in series? I do that with R2R DAC's for VGA and sound production. For example, interfacing with a VGA I use a bunch of 270 ohm resistors to approximately match the 75ohm impedance of the VGA. For audio, I use 10K resistors mostly. SMD resistors on a roll, are usually from the same batch, so they are pretty well matched. Saves on buying 1% types, but the price difference between 5% is small anyway. (Saves room too, for those who desire smaller mountings)

3) Option: Using two 2R's in parallel to make the R's
And a there are less R's than 2R's,
so less waste than putting two R's in series to make 2R

4) Or one could try to use a FMS-3818 tripple dac

Can anyone? Thanks.

Craft

Anonymous
Tue 11-Jun-2013 05:09
Looking forward to your next project, whatever it may be!
Have you dug into the XMega yet? It has serious juice and can overclock up to 64MHz easily.
I did a bitbanged NTSC color and sound system all in software using an XMega384...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXFOTpM2Jn4

XMega must be the greatest 8 bit micro yet!

Cheers,
Brad

Please release your source i lové your work
I h

Making the Chipophone

JohanB
Johan B
Wed 12-Jun-2013 16:49
Genialt!
Hittade just den här sidan via YT, helt otroligt häftig konstruktion.
Jag hoppas att du någon dag gör ritningar osv. tillgängliga.

//Johan

The bitbuf

Anonymous
Thu 13-Jun-2013 04:28
Why don't you a kick starter or something ?

Are planning on builds, I notice the vid is from 2011

Safe VSP

Anonymous
Sun 16-Jun-2013 10:16
Bravo Linus! You're such a genius, please don't stop to discover! Greetings from France!

Craft

Anonymous
Sun 16-Jun-2013 10:18
I really want to buy You an Amiga 500, i'm sure that U can make a PS3 emulator on it! GENIUS!

GCR decoding on the fly

Anonymous
Sat 29-Jun-2013 01:08
Hi Linus,

I've just watched quite a detailed talk about the 6502, that I thought you'd sure like (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5miMbqYB4E). More info is available at visual6502.org. They've analyzed and simulated the chip based on high-res photographs.

-- jn

The Chipophone

Anonymous
Sat 29-Jun-2013 10:37
this is so informative !

http://www.resoundsound.com