Forum
Register
Log in
Latest comments
Syndication
RSS feed
Feedback

Forum comments in chronological order

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what people (other than myself) write in the forums. Please report any abuse, such as insults, slander, spam and illegal material, and I will take appropriate actions. Don't feed the trolls.

Jag tar inget ansvar för det som skrivs i forumet, förutom mina egna inlägg. Vänligen rapportera alla inlägg som bryter mot reglerna, så ska jag se vad jag kan göra. Som regelbrott räknas till exempel förolämpningar, förtal, spam och olagligt material. Mata inte trålarna.

Feb 2016

Faking Fissile Material

Anonymous
Thu 4-Feb-2016 08:43
Congratulations!
Anonymous
Thu 4-Feb-2016 15:06
Hassan Rohani likes this.
Anonymous
Thu 4-Feb-2016 15:53
This is so rad!
Anonymous
Thu 4-Feb-2016 20:46
Impressive!
Anonymous
Thu 4-Feb-2016 21:05
Very underhanded, a well deserved win. Kudos!
Anonymous
Thu 4-Feb-2016 22:04
congratulations!!

PO-2x

Anonymous
Thu 4-Feb-2016 23:08
Linus, this is fantastic!

Would you be able to comment on the technical side of the devices? Are they still a Leopard Gecko Cortex-M3 for the main CPU and a Cirrus Logic CODEC?

You mentioned in one of the videos that aliasing was a problem to overcome, does this mean the CODEC is operating at 16 bit / 48 kHz?

Lastly, does this also mean that there is now 0 probability of the Bitbuf schematics and source ever being released?

A case against syntax highlighting

Anonymous
Fri 5-Feb-2016 12:17
Interesting discussion. I actually researched this at UNI back in 1983 and found a statistically significant improvement regarding the speed at which undergrads spotted simple bugs when colour coding was used to highlight basic code structure e.g. What If Then etc. This was compared with black and white and with and without indentation. That said I think there is an a lot more study needed to work out the ideal balance and most of the above comments are valid. Colour can be distracting (check out the Stroop effect). JonT.

Autosokoban

Anonymous
Fri 5-Feb-2016 13:25
Addictive: yes

The TTY demystified

Anonymous
Fri 5-Feb-2016 14:34
I am learning linux... and it is best article to understand what is going under the hood:) thanks for your time

A case against syntax highlighting

Anonymous
Sat 6-Feb-2016 00:05
Oh my goodness, such elitist.

Seriously man, the only reason we have coding styles, as in typing

function() {

}

rather than

function (
)
{
}
is for readability, and quickly fix mistake, and ease of debugging.
Which what syntax highlighting does, ease debugging on the fly.
Otherwise, do you want to debug for the rest of your life? Because that is how you debug for the rest of your life.

PO-2x

Anonymous
Sat 6-Feb-2016 23:14
Now make Parallelogram Portable! FPGA handheld and make amazing tracker for PC! I will buy 4x Parallelogram Portables...
Anonymous
Tue 9-Feb-2016 09:21
Amazing! Keep making!

Faking Fissile Material

Anonymous
Wed 10-Feb-2016 17:02
Truly brilliant!

Brainfuck

Anonymous
Thu 11-Feb-2016 13:11
OH. MY. GOD.
My Head already starts exploding and overheating when just THINKING about GOL. If I would have to program it... oh my god.
You didn't just program/code it, you f*cking did it in BRAINFUCK!!
This _literally_ fucks my brain!
I love you.
I just hope to become a good C++ Coder and maybe create some demos or sth like that... But I don't think I will ever achieve what you achieved.
You are a larger-than-life. Keep up the good work!

Autosokoban

Anonymous
Thu 11-Feb-2016 23:32
Truly amazing :) So, any chance that you will publish the algorithm someday ?

PO-2x

Anonymous
Wed 17-Feb-2016 15:43
Thank for your contribution to humanity, Linus.
Anonymous
Fri 19-Feb-2016 21:32
Are you going to post a video of you doing a lengthened song with one of these platforms?

The TTY demystified

Anonymous
Sat 20-Feb-2016 01:55
Good job demystifying TTY for me. Keep it up.

Cheers

About me

Anonymous
Sun 21-Feb-2016 19:35
I like your page. In fact i saved it. I like programming, linux, and meditation among others things. Will we ever know the relation between meditation and knowledge??? With respect and love...