Forum
Register
Log in
Latest comments
Syndication
RSS feed
Feedback

Forum comments in chronological order

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what people (other than myself) write in the forums. Please report any abuse, such as insults, slander, spam and illegal material, and I will take appropriate actions. Don't feed the trolls.

Jag tar inget ansvar för det som skrivs i forumet, förutom mina egna inlägg. Vänligen rapportera alla inlägg som bryter mot reglerna, så ska jag se vad jag kan göra. Som regelbrott räknas till exempel förolämpningar, förtal, spam och olagligt material. Mata inte trålarna.

Oct 2013

Zeugma

lft
Linus Åkesson
Tue 1-Oct-2013 21:52
The bug should be fixed now in version 1.2. Configure your 1541U-II for a 16 MB REU.

A case against syntax highlighting

Anonymous
Wed 2-Oct-2013 12:16
Interesting point of view.

I would generally say that syntax highlighting is not evil :)

I agree that some schemes don't actually work or make the programming eye lazy or cluttered!

The broken learning curve example with the wheel I believe is a loose generalisation.

Actually colored-syntax (there is another case of post formatted code {bold, italic,...}) is
a fast way of getting a top-view of your code's symmetry and beauty... after all programming is
also an art in constant progression :)

As for the the security holes and logical errors or bug-solving, in my personal and humble, if you may, opinion is that syntax highlighting has no actual impact.

Software quality is at most cases achieved by constant redesign and code review.

Yet, I agree with you totally that syntax highlighting should be investigated further because
it could actually play even a greater role in program creation if addressed correctly...

... and maybe ... using syntax-highlighting IS a part of the programmers learning curve (which never ends) to the path of no-syntax-highlighting at all.

Congrats for the article and thanks for your constructive critisism :0

Zeugma

Anonymous
Sat 5-Oct-2013 02:57
There is now an easy way to load gamefile images into REU on real hardware: REU Image Loader, http://csdb.dk/release/?id=122290 . It's relatively speedy if you have JiffyDOS, not sure if other turbos are supported/applicable. Just point it at the z4/z5/z8 file, wait for the image load, then load and run Zeugma.

Brainfuck

Anonymous
Wed 9-Oct-2013 21:27
Hi.
It seems like the [elsewhere] link above is not valid anymore. Or at least not just now...
"De pagina is niet gevonden"
/Ron

The TTY demystified

Anonymous
Thu 10-Oct-2013 05:42
thank you. very interesting.

Brainfuck

Anonymous
Fri 11-Oct-2013 09:19
The new location for that link is http://www.iwriteiam.nl/Ha_BF.html

The pot plant monitor

Anonymous
Sun 13-Oct-2013 06:37
At University of Gent (molecular genetics department), we weigh the plants to determine if they need water. This way we can water them very precisely and there's no milliliter of water given to much or to little.

How do you account for the plants growth?

The bitbuf

Anonymous
Tue 15-Oct-2013 21:19
We _NEED_ this! Please please PLEASE publish the source code... and maybe schematics, but I guess it's no magic figuring them out when having a look at the code. Just release it! :)

Craft

Anonymous
Sun 20-Oct-2013 10:28
Ultimate seriously i also gonna do this one.

Beagleboard VGA output

dssence
Paul
Mon 21-Oct-2013 08:45
Hi I got a beagleboard normal model not beagleboard XM. I'm desperately trying to make VGA out work. I know this board supports DVI via a cape add on. I've read on another site some guy did manage to make vga work out emulating the EEPROM Data. Now my question is would this work on my board? if I can check the pinouts or will be worthless?

(foto)

Anonymous
Wed 23-Oct-2013 13:08
Tur att det finns en bok i ämnet! //grip

The bitbuf

Anonymous
Mon 28-Oct-2013 16:46
The Korg version simply has more screens and functions and more man hours work in it, its amazing how well the bitbuf competes with those programs, I say, keep the analog controls, give it some nice buttons, I think its already great, maybe you could just add more tutorials explaining it from a technological standpoint.