Occasionally, the USB EHCI controller on a Rev C3 Beagleboard stops working until the system is rebooted. It is usually triggered by heavy traffic, e.g. due to a WLAN dongle or a USB thumbdrive. It was apparently fixed properly in Rev C4, but if you're stuck with a C3 board the following hack may solve the problem for you. Read more.
Posted Thursday 13-May-2010 17:35, 7 comments.
- lft_craft (Original video clip, Xvid, 89.4 MB)
- lft_craft_capture (Full screen video capture, H.264, 85.5 MB)
- Linus Akesson - Craft (Soundtrack, MP3, 3.3 MB)
- lft_craft_src (Schematics, firmware binaries and source code, 70.5 KB)
Posted Thursday 27-Mar-2008 21:33, 169 comments.
Named after one of the characteristic features of the SID chip, Hardsync is a C64 party game that follows in the (wait for it...) footsteps of games like Dance Dance Revolution and StepMania. Read more.
- hardsync (D64, 171 KB)
- Hardsync (Sid, 4.8 KB)
- Linus Akesson - Hardsync - Menu (MP3, 1.7 MB)
- Linus Akesson - Hardsync - Hi-score and menu (MP3, 2.5 MB)
- hardsync-tools-1.0 (Source tarball, 11 KB)
Posted Thursday 8-Nov-2012 15:23, 10 comments.
It all started when a good friend of mine asked me if I wanted an old electronic organ. He had bought it in a thrift store some years ago, but had now realized that it would remain untouched in his cellar forever unless he could find a new home for it. I accepted the gift on the condition that I could do whatever I wanted with it, in terms of modifications and experiments. Read more.
Posted Wednesday 21-Jul-2010 23:42, 174 comments.
Parallelogram is a demo running on the Commodore One extender board, which contains an Altera Cyclone III FPGA and an SDRAM chip. The logic design was made from scratch, including a homebrew CPU, FM synth and blitter with pixel shader support. The demo won the wild compo at Revision 2012. Read more.
- lft_parallelogram_core (C-One core file and icon, zip archive, 332 KB)
- lft_parallelogram (Presentation video with captured demo, avi, 517 MB)
- Linus Akesson - Parallelogram (Soundtrack, MP3, 5.1 MB)
Posted Thursday 12-Apr-2012 00:03, 24 comments.
- lft_phasor_presentation_and_cam_1280x720 (Presentation video with demo, 1280x720, 71 MB)
- lft_phasor_capture (High quality capture by Barta Zoli, 720x576, 476 MB)
- Linus Akesson - Phasor (Soundtrack, MP3, 3.9 MB)
- lft-phasor-src (Schematics, firmware binaries and source code, 80 kB)
Posted Wednesday 7-Apr-2010 15:58, 42 comments.
- lft_power_ninja_action_challenge_atmega88 (IntelHex firmware image, 15 kB)
- Linus Akesson - Power Ninja Action Challenge (MP3, 3.2 MB)
Posted Sunday 19-Jul-2009 19:47, 13 comments.
The bitbuf is a portable 8-bit minimalistic live looping machine. Designed as a tool for chip music improvisation and live performances, it aims to provide a set of simple yet versatile features. It's a work in progress, but I've made a prototype which is already quite functional and enjoyable to work with. Read more.
- lft_bitbuf_presentation (Video, 646 MB)
Posted Thursday 22-Dec-2011 15:20, 173 comments.
- kryo-hardware_chiptune (Original zipped release, DivX, 18.5 MB)
- Linus Akesson - The hardware chiptune project song (Recorded MP3, 1.5 MB)
- hardwarechiptune-cad (Schematic, EPS source code, 8.6 KB)
- hardwarechiptune-cad (Schematic, PDF, 31.9 KB)
- hardwarechiptune-tracker (Tracker with source code, docs and song data, 26.0 KB)
- hardwarechiptune-src (AVR source code, 10.5 KB)
Posted Saturday 30-Jun-2007 13:04, 80 comments.
In an attempt to squeeze as much emotion as possible into a tiny chip, I managed to fit Camille Saint-Saëns' The Swan into 480 (out of 1024) bytes of ROM on an ATtiny15. The microcontroller runs at 1.6 MHz and provides 32 bytes of RAM (actually registers). Read more.
- Linus Akesson - The Swan (Video, 1280x720, Ogg Theora/Vorbis, 115 MB)
- Linus Akesson - The Swan (Soundtrack, MP3, 2.8 MB)
- lft-swan-src (Source code, 4 kB)
- lft-swan-cad (Schematics, PDF, 12 kB)
Posted Monday 26-Apr-2010 18:12, 9 comments.
- lft_turbulence_h264_capture_720x576 (Presentation video and high quality capture, 720x576, 139 MB)
- lft_turbulence_h264_presentation_and_cam_1280x720 (Presentation video and low quality capture, 1280x720, 145 MB)
- lft_turbulence_h264_presentation_and_cam_640x360 (Presentation video and low quality capture, 640x360, 46 MB)
- turbulence (Binary EEPROM image, 32 KB)
- Linus Akesson - Turbulence soundtrack (Soundtrack, MP3, 4.8 MB)
Posted Monday 13-Apr-2009 15:09, 19 comments.